Tuesday, August 7, 2012

::Helpful Tip Tuesday::

~Making your Towels like New~

I don't know about you, but I feel like my towels get so hard and crusty after a while and they start to smell funky. I don't have a really big budget to go out and BUY all new towels, so I was really excited when I saw this pin from lifehacker. Kevin Purdy wrote this article on the Top 10 MacGyver time saving cleaning tips. A lot of these sound awesome, and I was so excited about the "baking soda and vinegar to clean funky towels". 

I took all my towels, lucky today was a towel washing day :) and threw them in the washer with 1 cup of vinegar and hot water. Run it through that cycle first:


Then you need to run it through another cycle of hot water and 1/2 cup of baking soda. This process will break down all the detergents and softeners that have built up on the towels over time.



 They look so much better and smell better too. I just threw them in the dryer after the second cycle, no dryer sheet and they came out great! I'll have to do this more often, maybe every six months or so!



No comments:

Post a Comment