Tuesday, March 15, 2011

::Sewing and Beading::

I've been trying my hand at sewing lately and have really begun to like it. I have made 2 skirts and 2 dresses for my little one, and a really funky necklace that she LOVES wearing. Here are the projects I've been working on lately:


This super cute peasant dress I got the tutorial for from Whimsy Couture.
I loved how there were a few different options on how to make this dress, and it was super easy. I'm definitely going to have to try another version! The fabric and buttons are all from Joann's.
I finished this right before Christmas, so my little girl calls it her Christmas dress!

This "fancy" dress I got from Whimsy Couture.

This was so fun to make, even though it was a little more tricky and I had to have my Mom the master sewer help me out, I did finish it in one night! We call it the "fancy" dress because all the fabrics together look like something Fancy Nancy would wear, don't you think?

Of course I had to make a matching headband to go along with the "fancy" dress. I got the tutorial on how to make this headband from Sumo's Sweet Stuff.

I loved how they both turned out!

This funky chunky necklace was my own creation. My little girl kept seeing all the necklaces I was making for myself, and asked if I could make one for her. I knew she would want something girly, and over the top so I found these super fun beads at Hobby Lobby and just threw it together. She LOVES wearing it, and has even worn it to preschool a few times!

More fun projects to come. Happy sewing and beading!

Linked up at:

No comments:

Post a Comment