Saturday, February 12, 2011

::Organization Days 7, 8, 12 & 19::

Yes, I know I skipped a few days between 8 and 19, but if you saw the post The Hubs then you will understand shortly why I had to skip a few days there. Day 7 was THE PANTRY!!! I have to admit, I was dreading this one a bit. Our pantry and I have a love/hate relationship. I love how big it is, and how I can fit other things in there that I need to, but it never stays organized the way I want it too. So, I finally took everything out, and cleaned the shelves, then put it all back in an order that made sense to me. I put some of the food that was extra in my food storage downstairs, and moved some of the other things to my pantry cupboard. It looks so much nicer now...take a look:
before:


after:


Since I have a large cupboard that we use for spices, canned items, and until recently Tupperware, this is where I moved some of my food from my pantry. Now it is all nicely organized. Hopefully it will stay that way, it rarely does. Here are the pics:


before:

after:


Day 8 was the coat closet. The Hubs got to this last week, so I was lucky, I just had to weed out the coats I don't wear and organize my basket of hats, scarfs, and gloves. Super easy, now it looks a ton better, sorry no before pic on this one!



Day 12 was the spice cabinet, so that is another day checked off! *see above*

Day 19 was the master closet. As you all know now, The Hubs started this one for me too! He did everything on his side, so since I didn't want to be left behind, I did my side too. I went through and got rid of all the clothes I never wear, and keep telling myself I will wear one day. (Let's be honest with ourselves ladies, that is NEVER going to happen!) Toni from A Bowl Full of Lemons says that if you haven't worn it in the last 3 months, get rid of it! I got rid of a ton of shoes too. Now my closet feels so much better, I can breath and it is so nicely organized. We'll see what happens when I unpack the spring/summer clothes, I'll have to be tough and get rid of some of those too I'm sure! Here are the pics of the closet:


before:

after:

before:

after:


I added one thing to my master closet day, because it only took about 5 minutes. I cleaned out my nightstand drawer. The Hubs had already done his, so I decided to do mine as well. It looks a lot better and now there is no junk in there! Its crazy how much junk and garbage piles up over the years. Here are the before/after pics:

before:

after:


Well, stayed tuned, next up is Toy Organization!!! AHHHHH! That is going to be a fun one! I think I'm going to have to have a donate box, garbage bag, and storage box for sure for that one!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so there wasn't that much change in the before and after since you are so organized anyway! Good job, though. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete