Friday, August 17, 2012

::Family Time Friday::

~Conversation Starters with your Kids~

I'm big on improving relationships and getting to know my 5 year better. You think you know your own kids, and then they say something that leaves you either speechless or laughing! That is how my little Iz is! She cracks me up sometimes with the stuff that she says or does and I just wonder what will happen next! Today's Family Time Friday comes from iMom, and its a post titled 20 Pillow Talk Questions for You and Your Child. I was excited about this article, and it made me realize I rush through bedtime way too much and just want to get the girls in bed so I can have some ME time, but I also need to realize that those moments when they are laying in their bed are the perfect opportunity to talk and reflect on the day.

Here are some of the questions that really struck me as something I will definitely be asking my 5 year old:

*What are you most proud of yourself for?
*If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be and why?
*Who is the kindest person you know?
*What do you like most about your best friend, and why?
*If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
*If you could only keep one thing, out of everything you have, what would it be?
*What's something that really makes you angry?

I love that these questions can open up some good discussion, and it gives you that one on one time with them that kids so need! I'd like to think I would know how she would answer some of these questions, but after asking her the birthday questions I asked (see that post here) I'm not so sure!

And just for fun, here is a random pic of my cutie! Love you baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment