Thursday, August 2, 2012

::Tasty Thursday::

~Campfire Treat Cones~

Last week, we went on a family camping trip. It was so much fun, and I was actually excited about it (which is big for me, because I don't like camping.) We were able to borrow our friends trailer, so it made it so much more enjoyable for me. In the preparation stages of getting ready to go camping, I thought I'd put some of the fun camping recipes into use that I had found on pinterest. 

When I saw this pin, I knew we had to try it, camping or not! I was so excited to get these babies in the fire and see how good they turned out. They did not disappoint, they were fabulous, and an excellent twist on plain old s'mores. This idea came from Kids Activity Blog, by the Quirky Mommas. They used waffle cones, which I couldn't find at the store I went to, so I got sugar cones and they worked great, just a little too small. Next time we'll for sure use waffle cones so we can stuff more ingredients inside. We did this the second night we were camping, and then pulled them out again the third night when The Hubs Bro and family came up. We even experimented with different fillings, I had a vanilla chex mix that I think The Hubs and his Bro tried out, my little 5 year old only wanted marshmallows and chocolate chips, and I wanted the works-strawberries, bananas, chocolate chips, and marshmallows! They were delicious and gooey and really fun! Thanks Rachel for the fun idea!

**I just realized we didn't take any pics of us making our treat cones :( I totally thought I had, go check out The Kids Activity Blog to see their pics!**

No comments:

Post a Comment