Tuesday, July 3, 2012

::Helpful Tip Tuesday::

~Learning Sight Words~

My little Izzie is starting kindergarten in just over a month. She is pretty much ready and wishes she could start today, but I know that she doesn't recognize her sight words very well. This is something they worked on in preschool this last year, but we didn't go over them that often at home, and when she would bring home beginning reading books she couldn't recognize those sight words. 

I found this pin from Juggling with Kids, Sight Word Parking Lot Game. Genius! I love this idea because it makes it fun for kids to want to learn! I'm going to make one of these for my little stinker so she can practice and hopefully be more ready for kindergarten.

Take a look at what Akane did for her game, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome idea! Go check out the rest of her blog for more helpful tips and ideas! It's great!

1 comment:

  1. I made one of these last week for each of my girls, just varied the difficulty. Hazel had a blast playing the game while Millie's attention span didn't quite last as long. Haven't tried it yet with Hannah, but hopefully later this week! I think she'll like it, too.

    ReplyDelete