Tuesday, June 26, 2012

::Helpful Tip Tuesday::

~Cleaning your washing machine~

When I told the Hubs I was going to do this, he said "it's the washing machine, isn't it self cleaning?" Um, NO! If you've ever noticed the soap build up in your washing machine, you know what i'm talking about. I've wondered how I could get this clean for the longest time, and always forgot to look it up on the internet. One day I found my answer on Pinterest. Anna, from Ask Anna shows how to clean it so it looks and smells a lot better. There are 5 steps to getting it cleaner, and all you need to do it is 2 cups of white vinegar and 2 cups of bleach. That's it! Make sure to plan it when you don't need to do laundry, you'll need at least 4 hours, it sits a lot of that time to soak up all the cleaning goodness!

I forgot to take pictures of my washer before and after, but go here to see Anna's pictures of before and after, it looks amazing. I was thrilled with the results too. Thanks so much Anna for sharing your great tip! Go check out the rest of Anna's site too, she has so many other great cleaning tips from how to clean your blinds, to cleaning your makeup brushes! Gonna have to try some more of her cleaning tips soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment