Wednesday, June 20, 2012

::Want it Wednesday::

I'm just gonna start this post by saying: "I LOVE DIET COKE!" I mean, its an addiction, and I can't and don't want to kick the habit! (Sorry babe!) But, come on, if I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one thing, it would be a life time, unlimited supply of DIET COKE! 

That said, my project for today is perfect! A key chain made out of Diet Coke cans in the shape of hearts! I saw this pin when I first started using Pinterest and KNEW I had to make one for my Mom (who loves Diet Coke too) and myself. Lindsay over at Diary of a Crafty Lady is the genius behind this fun key chain!

 I started saving cans and then I put them away, for a few months. I had a baby so the excitement of that and the holidays all crammed together made me forget about my fun project. Well, about a month ago I saw the cans and remembered what I wanted to do. So I got busy. 

Lindsay used Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, which I didn't have. I did have a product from Close to my Heart called Crystal Glaze that is pretty much that same thing, so I used that. Cutting out the cans proved tricky and trying to get the right emblem to use for my shapes took a little study, but I quickly found the best way to cut and trace. Trial and Error, so have some back up cans just in case. I put about 3-4 coats of the Crystal Glaze on my cut outs, depending on the size. I also followed Lindsay's advise to put the jump rings in after the first coat, that helped to make sure they were in and good to go after 3-4 coats. 

Here is a pic of my finished key chain! I love it and am super glad I made one. Oh, and my Mom loved hers too! Thanks Lindsay for the super fun project!


Linked up at:

2 comments:

  1. So cute Sarah! You know I LOVE this! I probably need to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the link back! It looks so awesome! I have been wanting try Crystal Glaze myself, and see which I like better...
    So glad you made it :)
    Thanks again!
    Lindsay
    craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete