Thursday, June 21, 2012

::Tasty Thursday::

~Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats~

I love treats! It's the one thing that I've had a hard time with while being on the lifestyle change. I keep seeing so many different pins on Pinterest for so many fantastic looking treats, and I pin them with the intent to make them, but then realize I can't eat them. Guess I'll still make them, but give them away, heads up neighbors! I'll just have to keep 1 or 2 for us to try! 

Today's treat comes from Sweet Treats and More. Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats! I mean come on, don't these sound delicious? Well, they are! Kristy came up with this yummy treat and I love it! I decided to make it for the Father's Day picnic we had with my husbands family last weekend. I needed a bigger pan of the treat than what Kristy made, so instead of following her recipe exactly which was made in an 8x8 pan, I just made up a batch of Rice Krispies to fit into a 9x13 pan. I used half of a round Angel Food Cake, cut into little pieces instead of just a cup. I liked this recipe because it can easily be adjusted to accommodate the amount you need. I used real whipping cream (I don't love cool whip or the spray can kind, I love the real stuff!) and just added the cut up strawberries, nothing added to them. They were so delicious and a fun twist on Strawberry Shortcake. 

Thanks Kristy for the super fun and easy recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment